Our 1st big community event is coming up soon.
On the way to preparing it, a couple of meetings involving parents and teachers took place and brought up interesting considerations around it.
What exactly is Bamboopalooza?
What is its format?
We realized that the event took a bunch of formats, directions, intention since its creation about 8 years ago. However, the common thread always was: community, family and fun.
We also did some discovery about how best to take this forward given the positives and challenges of the event in the past. We know that:
celebrating our cultural diversity is precious to Green School
children (and many parents as well) love to put costumes on, be silly.
So we think we found a good compromise between these different elements.
October 27th: Bamboopalooza Internatzscionale
mostly handled and manned by parents
Cultural diversity celebration
— ”Expo” style format including (but not exclusively)
– countries or groups of countries ”pavilions” / booths with
– fun games (typical from each country)
– food (typical from each country.potluck style prepared by parents)
– music representing each country
– other various activities / classic ones from previous years, probably ran by students like wet sponge through / slip & slide…
– More to be announced…
Teachers can celebrate with students in their classroom, add an activity to the event if they feel inspired to do so but no obligation.
Parents / Class ambassadors will be available to help if needed.
– Regular morning for students / parents set up their booth
– 1:30 – 2:00 Early assembly
– 2:00 – 5:30 Bamboopalooza Internatzscionale
November 3rd (following week) : Costume Holloween
– students come in costume. Some guidelines around types of costumes that would not be appropriate are forthcoming to be shared with the students and families.
– special assembly with costume contest and fun “thriller” style music 🙂
Get ready to have fun and celebrate. Our events team along with GSPA will be in touch with you soon.