The Government of Indonesia, through the Communications and Information Ministry has issued a regulation which requires all prepaid SIM card users to register their phone number with a valid national identification card (KTP) and family card (KK). The registration period starts from October 31 and closes on February 28, 2018.
Failure to do so by the end of the registration deadline would cause temporary suspension of services for the mobile phone number.
Here’s a quick guide on how to register your phone number:
1. New and old mobile phone users should register the number of their ID cards and Family Cards. Those numbers will be verified based on the database of the Population and Civil Registration Office in the Ministry of Home Affairs.
2. For foreigners, you need to go to the respective cellular provider office either in Denpasar or Gianyar and just provide your passport number and temporary stay permit (KITAS) or permanent stay permit (KITAP).
3. For new mobile phone users send SMS to 4444 with the following format: Tri, Smartfren, and Indosat : (16 digits of ID card numbers)#(16 digits of Family Card numbers)# XL: DAFTAR#(16 digits of ID card numbers)#(16 digits of Family Card numbers) Telkomsel: REG#(16 digits of ID card numbers)#(16 digits of Family Card numbers)#
4. For old mobile phone users send SMS to 444 with the following format: Telkomsel: ULANG [space] (16 digits of ID card numbers)#(16 digits of Family Card numbers). XL : ULANG#ID-card-numbers#Family-Card-numbers Indosat,Smartfren,Tri: ULANG#ID-card-numbers#Family-Card-numbers#
5. The regulation to re-register the numbers of ID card and Family Card commenced on October 31, 2017, for the new users. The old users should re-register their numbers at the latest on February 28, 2018.
6. The re-registration only requires the ID card numbers and the Family Card numbers. Should other information required such as the maiden name of your mother, please IGNORE the request.
7. The re-registration can also be done in the respective cellular outlets.